Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Together Always




Hi Cocoa Vanilla Studio Friends!
How amazing has the Cocoa Vanilla Studio: Colour Me Happy collaboration with
Faber-Castell been?!!
Talk about total inspiration overload!
I know that I have been blown away with the DTs creations on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog, and am super excited to be sharing mine today!
So without further chatter, here's my layout,
"Together Always"
IMG_20160605_133040
I know, isn't that photo just darling?! I love how much these two really adore and care for one another!
And how awesome is that background with our pretty digital cut files?!!
So many lovelies to chat about here!
Let's start at the beginning; that sweet, watercoloured backing layer.
 I've used patterned paper CV-CH004 Doodle Dandy as I just adore the intricate floral pattern. I've carefully coloured each corner with Faber-Castell's watercolour pencils, in warm tones. Next, with a fine tip brush, I painted over the top with water, to create that cool effect. Such a pretty result & so easy to do!
As for that totally  AAAHmazing pink tonal background, I used my all time favourite Faber-Castell products - Gelatos!
IMG_20160605_133750
 I used the 2 pink colours in the Gelatos: Mix N Match Set: Red. To achieve this look, crush a small slice of the Gelato into modeling paste with a palette knife, and work the Gelato until the pigment has completely blended into the paste. Use the palette knife to apply to the cardstock in both horizontal and vertical sweeping strokes. Once dry, repeat process with the coordinating colour and apply where you want to create highlights or points of  interest. Super simple, but so effective! That colour is just divine!
Speaking of divine, let's not forget those cut files! Seriously the coolest!!!
IMG_20160605_133611
To highlight the files, and to bring a lil colour balance to the page design, I've used patterned paper CV-CH005 Leaf Litter reverse side (citrus green) to 'fill' the leaves. A little touch that really helps to make the page 'pop'. I am loving those Wood Veneer Words too! The natural wood adds balance to the bulk white and pastels of the layout, and it's cursive script is just too fun! The XO Flair Button is a perfect finishing touch, and draws you into that sweet photo.
IMG_20160605_133902
A sweet Snip-Its adds a subtitle, 'LOVE' ,and the black and white stripes pattern balance all that pretty pink. A few more Snip-Its aid as some minor journaling too. Awesome! The final embellishments are a few scattered Enamel Dots (Warm), always a versatile embellishment to complete a look.
And there you have it! A really striking layout that was just too easy to create!
 I hope you'll give this look a try!
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Til next time,
Happy Arty Days,
Amanda xo

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment