Cocoa Vanilla Studio: These Are The Days!





Hi Cocoa Vanilla Studio Friends!
Welcome back for a little more Colour Me Happy inspiration!
Today I am super excited to be sharing my first layout with this incredibly fun new collection!
Despite all those fabulous colouring-in pages, I was immediately drawn in by the colours of the patterned papers.
Here's what I created.....
"These Are The Days"
CVS CMH 5

I know, does this kid get any cooler?!! Such a groover! And so much fun to snap & scrap!
And aren't those papers divine?!! Loving the star print and the combination of pale blue with orange -  a perfect partnership for scrapping the boys!
I've made a real feature of these 3 papers for my layout. I used CV-CH006 - STAR SPANGLED, CV-CH001 - FLORAL FANCY (reverse side: orange paper) & CV-CH002 - SPOTTY DOT (reverse side: blue paper).
As my layout design is quite simple, I've added machine stitching, as well as fringing, to add texture and dimension to the page. I've also die cut some stars with the blue and orange pattern papers to layer, and add interest.
Let's take a closer look.....

CVS CMH2

Oh how awesome! The die cut stars lend perfectly to the Star Spangled paper and bring the page together.
Must add: I am loving the Snip-Its!!!


Those cute typewriter font words are ideal for journalling and subtitles - I arranged mine to form a sentence but they're just so practical that you could use them in a number of ways.
You'll spy that I stitched my journal card title so it kinda looks like a pocket & then embellished it with a cute star and those wood veneer words!
I get soooo excited by those wood veneer words!!! They truly are stunning & a firm new favourite of mine!
If you missed seeing them on Colour Me Happy debut day, here's an extra peak....

I told you they were awesome!!! A staple MUST HAVE for any scrapper's kit! They just work with any and every thing!!!
Let's have a look at my embellishment cluster around my photograph....

CVS CMH3

Oh yes - Cocoa Vanilla Studio have flair! Oh my goodness, do they have flair!!! I layered mine with a few more of those cool Snip-Its, and I've also used a golden doily (CV-CH0018B) and enamel dots (CV-CH012 ENAMEL DOTS - COOL) to further enhance my photo.
Here's another view.....

CVS CMH4

 Loving the effect that the fringing creates too! Really fun!!
I hope you enjoyed seeing my layout today & feel a lil inspired to get your crafty fingers on some AWESOME
COLOUR ME HAPPY collection!
Thanks for stopping by,
til next time,
Happy Arty Days,
Amanda xo 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment